Anonymous

HR question?

What does this mean to you exactly?

"Have you ever suffered a loss, suspension or termination from a professional license, registration or certification?"

Does this mean, have you ever lost a professional license? Or can this mean, have you lost a job?

I am asking because I worked at a local provider eleven years ago, when I was just out of college and I took a job that was out of my league and got terminated. I knew I didn't belong there so it wasn't a surprise. But now I have worked on my skills, gained experience and am applying to some other positions that are more suited for my skillset now ( that are unrelated to the job that I got termed for obviously). I am not certain what to indicate for the above question because, I never lost a license or certification, it was a job. But to me it's unclear exactly what they are asking and I don't know how honest I need  to be since I already indicated that I worked for them in the past on my application and it was 11 years ago..

• RP

It seems it is not about a job. It clearly addresses loss, suspension, or termination of a professional license, registration, or certification. If none of those apply to you, then you should answer "No", meaning you have not lost, been suspended from, or had terminated a professional license, registration, or certification.

• ?

it means lost a professional license, registration or certification.  It does not mean have you ever been terminated from a job. 

It cannot mean "have you lost a job?"

It does mean "have you ever lost a professional license?", but it also means "have you ever lost a professional registration", have you have lost a professional certification?", and "even if you haven't lost any of those things permanently, have they ever been suspended temporarily"?  If any of these things have happened, then the answer is yes.  If none of them have happened, then the answer is no.