Tanishea asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it possible/healthy to lose 10 pounds in one month? ?

If you guys have any advice/tips PLEASE let me know!

Yes

There's 4 weeks in a month, and the average weight loss is 2 pounds per week, that equals out to 8 pounts over a months span! However, if you add on further workouts and cut out things such as sugar/booze, you can easily lose 10 or more pounds over the course of a month.

Here's what my daily regime that's been working:

- Get up

- Fruit for breakfeast

- 30 minute walk to the gym

- 40-60 minutes of cardio

-  Lunch

- 30 minute walk to the gym

- 1 hour workout

- 30 minute walk home

In total I work out for 2 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week, I'm down from 165lbs in September, I'm now 145lbs as of today.

• ?

Possible? Yes. Heathy? Maybe.  Will it be all fat and sustainable?  Probably not.

Fat loss is slow and requires your body to be in a state where it has not choice but to use stored fat as fuel.  It is pretty easy to go on a fast or super low calorie diet and drop some water weight, muscle mass, and waste along with some fat.  The problem is that the weight loss isn't really fat loss and also doesn't teach you how to eat.

You'd be wiser to start looking at what you eat, how much you eat, and when you eat.  Improve the nutritional quality of the foods you choose by eating more vegetables and meat and less grains and fruits.  Cut out fast food, junk food, snack food, etc.  Get your portions and snacking under control.  Eat at a calorie deficit, but eat enough to fuel your body and brain as well as keep hunger under control.  Adopt a lifestyle that will get you to not only a healthy weight but health in general.

Of course, if you have 50+ pounds of fat to lose, you probably can lose that much fat safely in a month.  Again, the key is keeping the progress and maintaining the healthy weight with new habits. 

I lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks                     

• Andy C

After correcting my metabolism,  I lost 26lbs of fat ONLY in less than 5 weeks, so he'll yes!