Robert asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What breed of dog is this?

My dog looks almost identical to this breed, and I need to know if its ours. We think she's a Jack Russell/Norweigan Buhund mix.😅

Coat and tail do not suggest any Norweigan Buhund (which is also exceedingly RARE).  The size of the pictured dog does not suggest JRT or NB.  Darker muzzle, ears & throat area do not suggest either breed.

Picture shows a mixed mutt, with possible spitz breed or breeds involved - due to tail curl.

• ?

Deer Terrier. Them Bucks get stupid during the rut.

When two separate breeds are bred together, their pups are just mutts.  This dog looks like it has many different crosses & too  many to see a predominate breed.

Any mix is NOT a breed.  It's a mix.

• Maxi

Not a breed it is a cross/mixed/mutt

I know BYBs are messing around with all breeds these days (as long as the end result is income) but given the Buhund is pretty rare, even if the Jackie isn't, you have to consider what breeds are out there and being used.   That dog isn't a mix of either!!

You have a mongrel - no shame in that, but thinking it's a mix of any two breeds - unlikely.   I'd say there's any number of types (not even breeds) in a dog like that.  I

I call the result of breeding two breeds together, mix bred.   If any more 'breeds' are involved, then it's a mongrel.   I hate the term mutt.   JMO

• ?

Any dog that is a mix of two or more breeds is a Mutt, and not a recognised actual breed that has a name to  it. 

Its just a mutt..  Not a breed