Why wont my f1-f12 hotkeys in game wont work? (Perfect World Online)?

everything works ingame perfectly fine. Only my hotkeys for f1-f12 are giving me trouble. They work as far as doing functions for my laptop, everytime I press f1 it mutes and unmutes the volume instead of doing the in game function. I'm not sure whats going on or hw to fix it. 

• Lv 7

your keyboard is set to do secondary actions by default. you must hold Fn key while pressing them to get F keys.

some computers let you change this in BIOS.

does that game run under an emulator?  if so, you're looking for the emulator's controls

• opurt

You don't say what type of laptop you have but typically a laptop that puts extra functions on the F1-12 keys has a "Fn" button that you can press. So if F1 usually does a mute/unmute, then pressing Fn-F1 will actually do an F1. There's also usually a FnLock button that switches modes so that F1 = F1 and Fn-F1 is mute/unmute, and it's this mode that's probably best for your games or other software that uses F-keys.