Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I have a toxic parent and none of my relatives related to this toxic parent believe me and think shes a saint ?

Do I need to write them off too?

Oy problem is I dont want to be out of the will

Sounds about right. My parents were awful but everyone else thought they were "nice people." My mom would steal money and blame it on me. My dad was abusive, would hit my mom, lock her in the garage, knock me around, break things, etc., but once when I went to get help from a cop who lived nearby, he told me to stop telling lies and go home. They would tell everyone I was a "troubled teen" and everyone thought I had drug problems and felt sorry for them. When I turned 18, I moved out, and when I was 25 I stopped speaking to them. My sister stayed around for money, gifts, etc, but I just wanted a happy life, even if it meant being poor. You'll just have to decide what you want and what you're willing to give up for it. 

We can't tell you what your needs are. Only you can answer that question. 

Be patient, leave as soon as you can, and make your own life.