What does my dream mean?

Me and my ex boyfriend were driving down a street and he was speeding. We were both laughing and smiling but there were tears coming down my face. On the radio he was playing the song Sherry, which was one of his favorite songs. I was extremely loud. All of a sudden he lost control of the car and we smashed into a truck and a wall both dying. In my dream I was now standing over our bodies that were dead, I was outside the car looking at us and I went up to him and touched his face, the car was covered with blood and we were really beaten up we both looked so peaceful. The ambulance started to rush in and I heard people screaming. And I was just standing there watching us lay in the car. I woke up from my dream and I had chills and was in a pool of sweat. some back story my ex actually killed him and his passenger a few years ago, the same way we died in my dream. The last time I had a dream about him was after his accident we we’re sitting in his back yard laughing and talking while sherry played on the radio and then the sky became dark and the setting of the dream changed to his accident, and I saw him and his passenger laying there, pretty much reliving reality. When he first passed away I always wondered what went through his head and how he felt in those final moments. Why did this dream occur? And what does it mean? Why was I able to see our bodies? Why was I crying before anything happened it was a happy moment? I dreamt him so perfectly now I can’t shake the thought.

o wreck a car in a dream could mean that you feel like something is out of control in your life. ... In a dream, a car accident typically does not represent an actual problem while driving, but often symbolize some aspect in our life where we feel out of control or feel like something is about to change drastically.

Your dream was very vivid, so something similar to it happened in real Life.  You are very much involved with the loss of this man, so that is why you are looking into the wrecked car. Your emotions show that something awful is happening and that is why you are crying even before the wreck.  It is normal to wonder about how he felt and what went through his mind just before he died. You have not released him and that is why you continue to dream of his death, and in such a violent way.  It's time to let him go, so release him and let him travel on.  He is at peace now.  I think the trauma of the crash for you is overwhelming, but the trauma will lesson if you release this person from the here and now.  The crash already happened, and you can't bring him back, and he needs to go on, so let him go.  You will find peace then.