Health Secretary announces UK Lockdown Tiers?

Tier 3: Greater Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Hull, Blackpool, South Yorkshire, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Cleveland and Kent.

Tier 2:  London, Liverpool, York, Brighton, Surrey, Reading, Bournemouth, Gloucestershire, Devon, Swindon and Wiltshire

Tier 1:  Isle of Wight, Cornwall, The Isles of Scilly (FULL LIST)

As you can see you have some neighbouring areas in different tiers so that might be challenging.  If you're not from the UK you might not know it but that's certainly not an exhaustive list (except Tier 1 which is), I can't type out all of the regions affected as I haven't seen the full list yet myself but anyway here is the question for those in the UK

Is Greater Manchester in Tier 3 because of the refusal of the city to enter the Tier when requested to do so last month?  We can see here that Liverpool who were also asked to go into Tier 3 at the same time did so and have been promoted now as cases have sufficiently fallen. 

filthy unwashed northern gammon chavs

• nalla

When o read childish comments like from anonymous ignoring the rules it just makes me wish that his family could catch COVID and die in agony. It’s because of half wits like these that we are in this situation now