Is speaking about someone behind their back in a sexual way considered harassment?

I was reported last week in my job by a girl who I find attractive.

To my friends in the job I said a few times that she was hot and in PRIVATE conversations say I would love to hang her.

She found out and reported me, which I find ridiculous because many times I hear he speaking about other guys saying things like "he's so handsome"

My friends feel she overreacted and joke with me about it, so nobody judges me over it.

The way I see it is, who doesn't have those type of conversations with their friends (men and women) 

Was she right to report me or do you feel she overreacted?

Note: I never once made any inappropriate remarks TO her or acted any way inappropriate to her face.NOT ONCE

Id say things in private conversations to my friends in job

• T J

She overreacted.............If the company makes a big deal about it, see a lawyer.

• 28AKO

Regardless of the circumstances of what u think over reaction or not. U need to keep her name and other women name out your mouth and just don't comment or make a compliment about any women at work. These aren't your friends cause they told the female what u said and now you're in trouble and could lose your job behind this.. She didn't like it and felt threaten. That's why it was reported to HR

• Robert

I think everyone should go to work and work.  They should go to social after work and not have to involve their employer in mitigating stupid misunderstandings.   Maybe she did overreact, but if you were doing your job and not discussing her hotness at work, it would not have happened.  You now know that she does not find you hot.  Use that information to your benefit and spend the time you used to spend lusting  after her to accomplish your job and doing a superb job to overcome the negative impact of this event.  Remember, the women at work are part of the furnishings of the business and nothing more.  The women at social, which is elsewhere and not at work and not with anyone at work, can be hot.   

What are the consequences of you being reported?

If you're talking like this in the workplace or to co-workers then it's NOT "behind her back." 

Please consider the difference between "I wish she was interested in me" and "I want to do sexual things to her." That's the difference between admiration and harassment.