Is it expensive to live in Glasgow?

First time moving out in my mid 20's, just curious as what areas are cheapest to live and what areas are obviously safe and not rough

• Maxi

You need to do your own research which is very simple to do...check rental prices, then check the local police/area website and the loal council website which show you crimes by area/street and also other local information

• ?

As a first Glasgow location to live, any affordable decent area will cost too much on your own. That applies to virtually any civilised 1st world city in our world unfortunately. You'll likely have to resort to living with others in a similar situation to you.

As you state; rough areas are to be avoided, so you're in the same situation as millions of other 18-29 year olds around the globe.

It's fun meeting new people, but I'll say this: meeting someone and getting along initially, can soon turn around when you discover each other's quirks or bad habits.

About ½ the people I loved living with, the other lot I could gladly have never bothered meeting and been the better for it.

On top of that, extracting money from them for rent or bills can be fun too - not!

I wish you luck with it if that's the path you choose to go down.

However, studio apartments are affordable if you have minimal belongings and are able to find one fairly priced. They tend to be in high demand, so you may have to look hard to source one.