Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What are Christians, atheists, and other religions doing for Thanksgiving ?

Taking the day off, having a nice dinner with just immediate family.

• Nous

Celebrating a pagan tradition!  Thanksgiving is based on thanks for the harvest and dates back thousands of years before Christianity or America was ever thought of!!!!!!

The ocean has 10 waves in it.

The purpose of Thanksgiving was to give thanks to God for giving us all the blessings that we do not deserve, and to show Him our appreciation and gratitude for everything He has done, and will do in our lives... for Him being who He is.... essentially. Some people care more about the trappings and worldly benefits, like being able to take off of work (if they are able), but God in our lives really is our greatest blessing.

I'm going to eat a dead roasted bird with my immediate family.

Eating early turkey dinner with the family.  Sitting out beachside and having coffee right now.  Laughing at all the mindless religious twaats here who wouldn't know how to critically think their way out of a paper bag without a treasure map they think their jesus made for them.

My family is fairly small, and we've all been pretty careful, so we're getting together at my Mother's.  

As of now trolling atheists on my off day, but I’ll be heading out to families soon.