Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Help with this girl?

So I went out with a girl but she was not looking for anything serious. She has been single for years. She said let’s stay friends she’s not looking for a relationship. 

So far it’s been alright we’ve been talking and growing the friendship. The thing is I’m starting to catch feelings and it’s upsetting because I can’t pursue nothing. I guess I just can’t remain friends.

Every time a girl has told me she isn’t looking for anything they always end up getting into a relationship. A girl one time found one 2 weeks after me and it’s the same excuse “it happened”.

What should I do with this current girl? I don’t think it’s fair that I’m catching feelings and getting nothing in return call me selfish. Should I let her know? Keep quiet? Or end the friendship slowly?

• R.j.

She said lets be friends, thats all she wants, be her friend and find a gf

• Strand

She told you upfront that she isn't interested in a relationship. The matter was settled. It isn't her problem that you have feelings for her and she doesn't owe you anything. Just stop talking to her and move on. You were never her friend, you lied about your intentions on the hope she would change her mind. Any frustration or disappointment you feel is entirely your own fault. Take responsibility for your own choices and your own feelings. When someone tells you they aren't interested, accept it and let them go.