What is it about Texas that some people hate?

The fact is, you can get a very good education in Texas, the fact of the matter is that the quality of healthcare in Texas is nationally very good, the fact of the matter is that very good standards of living at very affordable prices exist in Texas..

The fact of the matter is that very high paying jobs exist in Texas.

The fact of the matter is, that if you have serious extraordinary health problems, you might be going to Texas for treatment and monitoring.

And if you find yourself a victim of crime, the one thing you can most generally count on is Texas.

So what is it about Texas that some people hate so much ?

• ?

The weather. They do say if you dont like it... Stick around. Its going to change.

I hate the fact that they still murder people legally. 

• ?

I hate how bad they drive,  the piss poor public education, the terrible rural health care,  the terrible highway maintenance just to name a few

I lived in Austin, Texas for about a year or so, a long time ago, and did find Austin a very good place to live, at least back then. Many Texans are full of themselves. Many Texans site opinions as facts. Many Texans only say what's good, and ignore the negatives. People of Texas as a whole consider it the best place on the planet, and outsiders are not entire welcome moving in. 

What's that about victim of a crime? It says nothing.

Texas has divisive politics. Wasn't the governor arrested in Austin once, the State Capital, as the Governor tried to fire the Austin District Attorney? The Democrat vs Republican conflict flies powerful in Texas, as does gun ownership and control.

A friend flies in from Houston to here in Las Vegas. Houston restaurants are almost all either expensive and very good, or really weak in many ways.

Texas minimum wage is the Federal $7.25/hour, 40% below January 1980 by Consumer Price Index. And, can take the full offset for gratuities, dropping minimum to $2.13/hour plus tips.

As the second largest population state, there are virtually no labor or housing laws statewide other than Federal. I did read a Texas high court approved that if an employer requires a two week notice, and don't get it, they could reduce salary to minimum wage. 

Plenty of working poor in Texas, plenty of poverty, plenty of homelessness. Certainly, Texas is a leader in fighting universal healthcare. Big in anti-Obamacare. In the highest costs in the country for healthcare:

https://www.businessinsider.com/healthcare-costs-i...

City traffic jams are commonplace. Gulf coast flooding and hurricanes. Ranks near the bottom in actual quality of life. Violent crime has been on the rise, and refusal to expand police personnel and salaries of public employees. 

Not everyone believes that guns should be everywhere. Arming teachers was a popular idea, but even teachers said that's awful. 

A lot of Texas is opinion. There are some good things, but it's not good for everyone there.

when perry was governor he let the corporations dump all the polution they wanted . he let them turn the state into a stinking miasmas of pestiferous effluvia . most residents will get cancer . 

The people that I know who are from Texas are rednecks, who try to enforce their beliefs onto everyone else around them.  

Source(s): life
  • ?

I'm a native Texan and I love my state, although most people here don't agree with my politics. 

False pride. Far too many Texans seem to have this weird belief that they are somehow "better" than everyone else simply because they are from Texas.  Actually, this is common across the country, but even more so in Texas.  It's like "American exceptionalism" on steroids.  

If you are from Texas, good for you, but it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. 

I guess I missed it. I don't meet people who focus on Texas with emotion against it.