kj asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

Will my vanilla plants bounce back?

I live in south Florida. Last night I took my vanilla plants that were healthy and put them into a small greenhouse I bought. My vanilla plants were still in the process of rooting but were still green. This morning when I checked on them all of my plants were yellow/whitish. Did the greenhouse not have enough oxygen? Too hot? Will they bounce back?

Thank you

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

They either got too hot or they got too much direct sunlight (strong sunlight can scorch the leaves of young plants, especially those which are not used to being in strong sunlight).

Those yellow leaves will not recover. They will die over the next few days. The plants themselves may recover, and grow new leaves, but it'll be a bit hit-and-miss for such small plants. Keep them watered, move them somewhere not quite so hot and with not quite such strong sunlight, feed them occasionally (but not too much; maybe once a fortnight), and hope for the best. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Have an outdoor thermometer in the greenhouse.   Plants do not grow when the temperature is 90F.  They slow down.  No need to over water.   They will figure it out. Water when it rains.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

IDK. But rubber plants will bounce back for sure.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.