? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

My grandparents were worried over Thanksgiving dinner with us about the synagogues going on despite Corona, I am too. How can we stop them?

My family is having a small Thanksgiving get together and as usual politics makes it way to the dinner table.

My grandfather joked about Donald Trump while my mom and grandma were trying to get us to eat. My daddy and I laughed the whole way. 

We talked about the 7,000 Jewish worshippers gathering in our city despite restrictions due to Corona and how they put families at risk. How can we stop them if the corrupt SCOTUS won't?

• ?

You can't stop them. And don't understand why you would want to. If you do not wish to go to synagogue that is your right and if others wish to that is their right. Yesterday

Justice Breyer granted relief in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn New York V Andrew Cuomo Governor of New York. Which enjoined Cuomo  from enforcing   Executive Order 202.68’s 10-   and 25-person  occupancy  limits pending  disposition  of  the  appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and disposition of the petition for a writ of certiorari,

If people can go to Wal-Mart and Costco, why not church and synagogues?

The Supreme Court has upheld the Freedom of Religion and that the Democrat mayors and governors cannot stop people from going to church.

Express your concerns and HOPE they follow YOUR example.

• ?

I was surprised at so many gathering in a synagogue at this time. I thought y'all had more sense than that.  

My grandparents died years ago so we had no issues.

I do not agree with Judaism as a Christian, but that is their Constitutional right.  You can't violate their First and Fourth Amendment rights.