Nadia asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How to appear more homosexual to my family?

I've told my family that I'm 'romantically interested in women', but they keep expecting me to find a boyfriend. I only see them a few times a year during holidays, so I need to make things clear in a short amount of time. Sadly, I don't have a girlfriend to show off to them. Thanks everyone!

For starters, be yourself. You are interested in women and that's great that you've figured that out for yourself. Just be yourself as much as you can and they will see it. Don't go changing your style and personality to be more homosexual for them to see it. What if you do that and it fails? You may end up feeling worse about yourself. In the short term, perhaps you can make up a girlfriend. I'm sure you've at least been talking to potential girlfriends or have had conversations with women. If they ask for details, say it's new. Good luck and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

• Jane

You can't change your parents, they will continue in their world view. You can have no control over them. Even if you fantasise about a shock value moment in the hope of introducing them to a new and different world, they will resist in the short term.

So you're in this for the long term, your lifetime of being yourself.

Your life.

Who cares what they expect? You don't need to explain yourself or make them believe anything or change their thinking. Just be yourself and carry on.

• Ana

Stop acting lesbian, it’s not cool 

• ?

So you're looking to start a family argument on Thanksgiving... Maybe just do what others your age do and make up an imaginary girlfriend. Tell them she lives in Canada. 

• Ian

Short hair, flannel shirt, K.D. Lang tattoo. Comments like, "Look at the .a.s.s.s..on HER!"

• Barry

Why do you feel the need to publicise your sexual orientation? It's a personal matter and most people won't care anyway. You strangely want a gf to parade as some kind of trophy. I think you need to get a grip as there are far more important issues in life.