?
Lv 5
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why do republicans want to ban trans teens transitioning when it’s between doctors and parents and the teen and not the government?

If you want to ban trans teens from transitioning then you are authoritarian and a lover of big government. These teens know who they are and want to make their life easier. Using big government to deny that infringes of their rights. The decision is between doctor, parent and child. 

Update:

@Mystical dogs

Puberty is Hell for trans people from what I’m told. 

So they along with their parents and doctors should decide that. 

Actually only a few detransition. 

Update 2:

@David Bowie 

A trans teen who has gone through therapy and dresses as their gender identity does not want to go through puberty. They want to avoid it. They can make that decision with their doctor. 

Not many de transition. 

Ever think your bias muddied your mind?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because republicans and religious conservatives want to control everything about the private lives of all people, not just those who follow the same religion.  Republicans claim to be for smaller government, but their actions and policies show they want a 1984, Big Brother type of government that has to give approval to every private decision a person makes.  Unless of course it's something that applies to one of them or one of their family members personally, in which case they want the government to stay out of it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cus they are fricken stupid and ignorant.

• 2 months ago

Teens is quite a big age range. I’m sorry but there is no way a 13 yr old can objectively make that decision. If doctors etc were neutral it may be possible, but they aren’t neutral, they would actively encourage the child. Before you made this argument did you research how many young adults regret transitioning or are you just going in semi blind to all available data?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because the biggest hypocritical statement Republicans make is 

"The Government should stay out of people's private lives, unless it's something I disagree with". 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Teens shouldn’t be able to make that kind of decision especially considering the fact that many trans people detransition

Source(s): I don’t support sterilizing teens like you do you sicko
  • 2 months ago

Just to contribute to their misery and force social standards on others

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.