Holiday custody question?

So my custody agreement from California says 6pm Friday until 6 pm Sunday. This year is my year for thanksgiving and tomorrow would be my Friday to have my son. The order also says Friday and Monday holidays extend the visitation but doesn’t elaborate and I can’t get a straight answer from the courts on what it exactly means. Does this mean that I would keep him until Sunday at 6pm since I have him for this holiday? This is really confusing and legitimate legal advice is much appreciated 

It sounds to me like you get the child thanksgiving and then also the normal time.  

It's not a Friday or Monday holiday.  It's a Thursday holiday.

If it says Friday and Monday holidays extend it, that would seem to mean that Thursday holidays don't.

If you can't work it out my opinion would be you have the child on Thanksgiving.  Only you know if that means Wednesday into Thursday, Thursday into Friday or both.  You also have visitation on Friday.  Does this mean that you return the child Thursday night and then pick the child up at 6PM Friday?  I don't know BECAUSE, again, do you have custody Thursday into Friday.

"The Courts" can only give you general information.  "The Courts" to NOT know your intentions when you agreed - or were ordered to agree - with this custody arrangement.

But, yes, you do have visitation from Friday 6PM to Sunday 6PM, same as always.

Thanksgiving is neither a Friday nor a Monday, so I have no idea how that would be involved.

My child comes back to my house Thanksgiving night (Thursday) and then his father picks him up from 4PM Friday to 7PM Sunday.  This year, however, we have agreed that he will stay with his father from Thanksgiving morning until 7PM Sunday.

Talk it over with the child's other parent and work it out between you, love your child more than you hate each other.

• Tavy

Just sort it out with his other parent. Please be grown up with this.