Water Leak from Washer Detergent Basket?

I just started noticing water coming out around the detergent basket even long after operation. I shut off the valve for the cold water and it stopped leaking. Any thoughts?

I use liquid detergent. I checked and there's no crud build up. Water is actually continuously flowing (photo didn't capture the flow). The only way to stop the flow is to turn the valve off, therefore it needs to be turned back on if I have to use the washer.

seems the valve inside the machine that shuts off the water does not fully close any more, or does not get activated by the control system.  as long as it doesn't leak more water during the spin cycle -- it is safe to continue using it as long as you turn the water off -- preferably after the final rinse in the last spin cycle.  -- grampa

• Barry

I expect there is solidified detergent blocking the flow. Use warm water and a bottle brush to clear the crud out. If you avoid using the dispenser and use a dosing device straight into the drum it won't happen again.