Old Nintendo 64 issue?

Okay. I still have my same old Nintendo 64 that I had when I was a kid. I pull it out probably like once a month and have fun with the old games. The concel still works great. No issues with anything. But, recently, I bought an old Super Mario 64 (my favorite 64 game) and been having trouble with it. It works sometimes but sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it works but all the games and progress is gone. And then the next time the old progress is back. Haha. Any tips for this old N64 game? Thank you!

Don't tell me to get rid of it! 🤣

• ?

Thats just the game itself. You may wanna try getting a qtip with lil alcohol on it and clean the game and see if helps. I had same issue and it helped. But if dont its inside the game which might be corroded or something

• ?

If other games experience this too, I would assume it is the console. If it's just Super Mario 64, gotta be the cartridge. The previous owner probably gave it too many blowjobs and the cartridge corroded some.