Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Was my uncle being rude?!?

Most of the people in my family are very blunt. None of them have insulted me though. My uncle was here today and he came down from New York and yesterday he saw me without makeup. 

Today when I came down to eat he saw me with my makeup and was like “you look really pretty with makeup. Not that you’re not pretty without it”. So idk was that offensive? I literally wear the same type of makeup everyday which is foundation, eyebrows, and mascara and I hate when people make a big deal out of it. I wear it every single day but it’s a lot of pressure. Was my uncle being rude?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You’re too hyper sensitive, very typical of self-serving millennials these days. There that’s rude, that’s the difference! He was polite, don’t be oversensitive.

• LM440
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It was intended as a compliment.  Just take if for that.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

why not ask him not us

• 2 months ago

He was far from rude. He gave you a polite compliment

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not as bad as what my dear departed mother said to me once, 

"Go put on some makeup - you look dead!"

• 2 months ago

He complimented you.

• 2 months ago

He wanted to give you a compliment, maybe he just doesn't know how to do it, don't pay attention!

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think he gave you a compliment.  Say thank you, and move on.

• 2 months ago

idk he kinda sound 50/50 also follow my twitter lilspeedy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No that is not rude, he didn't say well you look alot better atleast! And I don't see how that is a lot of pressure, wait until you have a career, kids, husband, bills, lots of stress. That is pressure, makeup or people making comments about it is not pressure!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.