Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Has Yahoo Answers gone down in popularity over the years?

8 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, for a number of reasons.

FYI, questions such as you posted are deemed chat, and thus violations. The answer to your question doesn't provide useful information to anyone, so those types of questions are discouraged here. One can see for themselves that the activity and quality of content here has degraded over the years.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely.

I have been on Y/A`s for about 12 years and since the Green formula was abandoned, its gone downhill with a loss of many good adult members.

People do not like changes and the changes made by yahoo have not been popular.

WE hate the anonymous feature and the removal of comments and other changes over the years. Why try an fix something when its not broken is the question.

If yahoo was to up the monitoring and get rid of Trolls fast, there would be no need for all these annoying changes. It was once the top site for Q`s & An`s. JMO.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

clearly and obviously,  to anyone who's been here long enough. 

They've removed every feature that people liked, and  replaced them with features that everyone hates, except for the trolls that abuse them. 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Define "popularity"

IF the site were used as expected, and functioned as intended, the number of questions asked per day SHOULD go down.

What's the point of posting a question and wait for hours or days, when it has been asked and answered before and you can find it in half a minute?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.   Thanks in large part to people like you that can't think of anything intelligent to ask so you just post chat violations.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Gone down in quality of questions/answers - big time.......

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes it has I been on this since the Green Site Day's 

Yahoo has made a lot of Changes that people have not Liked and has made a lot of people want to Leave 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

From what I heard, yes it has 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.