Other than wolves and bears what are the best animals to raise human children?

We have all heard about those human babies who due to some unfortunate accident or deliberate act were dumped in the wild and raised by wolves or bears.

They turned out OK, they grew up and had families and got good jobs, some even went into politics.

But what about if there are no wolves or bears around when they are needed, what happens then?

Could a human child be raised by geese? Or frogs? Or sheep/goats?

I suppose that ideally they should be raised by mammals as they would have the same body temperature? Reptiles and birds may be too cold blooded to care for a human child? I wish I had been raised by rabbits, they are just so cute and cuddly and delicious. What would your choice of parent animal be? 

I met one man who was raised by a goat until he was 4 or 5 years old.  I don't know how she managed to feed the newborn, or whether humans helped her at first.  But she fed him and protected him during infancy.  I was close friends with his birth mother, from whom he was kidnapped.  Yeah, it was bad.  But the mama goat was good.

There have been cases of dogs caring for young children who were neglected or abandoned by their parents.

By the way, a jack ass cannot raise an infant; it would have to be a jenny ass.

I think you read too watch too much fairytales-

Wolves while they are "pack animals" much like us humans, they don't raise babies that are lost/abandonded, I'm really not sure where you are getting that from! I'm sure if push came to shove however, that a female wolf would on instinct protect a baby or child from attack, but that's just maternal instinct kicking in.

Polar bears would kill a baby/child for food, they would view it as a food source, the last thing they would do is raise it! Grizzlies wouldn't kill for food, but they would certainly would not raise an abandonded child......

I really think you need to live in reality here.

If it helps any, I suspect that our current president (DJT) was raised by jackasses.

There are several stories of children being raised by monkeys. Unsurprisingly the children raised by the monkeys had extremely difficult times adjusting to modern society, and never lost much of their learned behaviours. 

However, it is still quite incredible that they were even raised at all.

I agree that only a mammal would be able to raise a child, and it would have to be an intelligent species. Animals such as birds and reptiles simply would not be intelligent enough, wouldn't occupy the correct habitats, and possibly wouldn't eat the right types of foods.

Science aside, I would love to be raised by some fat pandas :)

Klingons and Vulcans.