How to break a bad work habit ?

I am a 2nd shift employee and every day the 1st shift slacks off giving us more work. So we slack off so we can give the 3rd shift more to do. How do I stop doing that when it's been instilled in me for 15years 

To the people who say go to the manager, my manager openly encourages it

Find people who think the way you think - especially on other shifts, and see if you can agree on certain things that should be in proper shape by the end of each shift.  Then start doing more than your share because there will be people on each shift who will want to do as little as possible. 

• ?

Then the 3rd shift slacks off giving the 1st shift more. It sounds pretty fair to me. Assuming you dont own the company, this isn't your problem. If you feel like you'd get more pay and promotions from working harder, tehn go ahead, but dont expect your co-workers to join you.

• ?

speak with your supervisor about talking to every shift about doing their share of workload making it easier for each shift. Try talking to your coworker also trying to motivate them to do better,  you guys as a team can start setting monthly goals for each shift to reach. This will help a lot and think of yourself as being a leader

• It's never to late to make a change. If you think the first shift is slacking off, then you are too. Get to work and do what you're supposed to do.