Star asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Do cats meow louder when they’re hungry ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, they get louder to get your attention.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My cat has two distinct meows, one is “feed me” and the other is “ I’ve brought you a little present”.

He doesn’t get louder when hungry but just stares at you until you go and get the food.

• 2 months ago

Sometimes Lilac and Dildy will scream REALLY loud when they're hungry. I thought I read somewhere that the hunger chemicals make their vocal chords tighter.

Source(s): Somewhere
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

One of ours does.  To start with she'll come and stare at you (you're supposed to notice), if that doesn't work she'll call softly, and if THAT doesn't work she'll downright yell.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

MEOW MEOW MEOW

• 2 months ago

Heck mine always have food and they love to meow LOUD!!!! One time they ate all the food, and they meowed the same! They are Siamese so very chatty in the beginning!

• 2 months ago

Cats are such individualists that I hate giving broad responses, but yes, they do get louder.  A solid black named Boston that I feed gets very loud (and bossy).  OTOH Piewackit just stares at me until food appears, at which I am ignored.

• Cathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, they want it to be known they're hungry!

• 2 months ago

I think so. Every morning, my cat jumps on my bed and meows at me in front of my face when he wants to be fed. 

• 2 months ago

Yes, and it is scandalous.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.