Star asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Do cats meow louder when they’re hungry ?

No, they get louder to get your attention.

• ?

My cat has two distinct meows, one is “feed me” and the other is “ I’ve brought you a little present”.

He doesn’t get louder when hungry but just stares at you until you go and get the food.

Sometimes Lilac and Dildy will scream REALLY loud when they're hungry. I thought I read somewhere that the hunger chemicals make their vocal chords tighter.

Source(s): Somewhere
  • ?

One of ours does.  To start with she'll come and stare at you (you're supposed to notice), if that doesn't work she'll call softly, and if THAT doesn't work she'll downright yell.

MEOW MEOW MEOW

Heck mine always have food and they love to meow LOUD!!!! One time they ate all the food, and they meowed the same! They are Siamese so very chatty in the beginning!

Cats are such individualists that I hate giving broad responses, but yes, they do get louder.  A solid black named Boston that I feed gets very loud (and bossy).  OTOH Piewackit just stares at me until food appears, at which I am ignored.

• Cathy

Yes, they want it to be known they're hungry!

I think so. Every morning, my cat jumps on my bed and meows at me in front of my face when he wants to be fed. 

Yes, and it is scandalous.