Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Will all humans become vegan/vegetarian by 2050?

Veganism is rising rapidly in United states because people are terrified by bad treatment of animals. 

In 30 years time?   No.   Dream on.

A 1% increase is hardly "rapidly rising".

There is also a rise in food allergies and intolerances that make it difficult for many people to live such a restrictive lifestyle.

Most people who try a vegan lifestyle end up back on an omnivore diet.

• Rita

If everyone became vegetarian by 2050, food-related emissions would drop by 60% ... Though a relatively small increase in agricultural land, this would more than make up for the loss of meat because one-third of the land currently used for crops is dedicated to producing food for livestock – not for humans.

No, in a vegan dreams I refuse to Give up Meat

• ?

Not likely. Actual research shows that this planet cannot support a totally vegan population. People will starve.

• ?

Eventually it will almost certainly go the way of slavery, etc. Partly because we are developing more compassion (no more bear baiting, **** fighting, etc., but far more donkey sanctuaries and retired horse homes for example). Also rearing animals for food will become unsustainable, not least because the conversion rate is so very inefficient. I feel that fifty years is a little ambitious, but you never know! 

I doubt that M-Slos has never witnessed animals being slaughtered.

I doubt it and there's nothing to suggest it will happen. It's a tiny minority who even claim to be vegan.

I can't ever see a time when the human race can ignore the huge source of food - the sea.

• Vela

I hope so but I think that's too soon.  Many meat eaters never thought about what they eat.  When confronted with being a part of animal cruelty they get defensive and start parroting meat industry propaganda 

The only thing all humans will do at any point in history, is die.

• kswck2

Rising rapidly? Maybe to say 1%? 

• ?

Almost certainly no. Veganism is just the latest dietary craze, it will soon join the Atkins and F[ibre] Plan diets.

Animals are not treated that badly, stressed animals produce poor meat. At the slaughterhouse, no animal sees any other animal getting slaughter, death when it comes is instantaneous and near-painless. Any videos you have seen to the contrary are propaganda by PETA or other extremist organisations and all will be one or more of the following

1]Decades old

2]Staged or faked, sometimes even using CGI

3]Taken in far-distant 3rd world countries