Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Which dishwasher works better; the $1,000.00 computerized Chrome model or the $300.00 plain white manual model?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

if you are in the United States, neither will do a good job in the 75 to 90 minutes you remember.  the government imposed water use restrictions on the industry -- with the result that the normal run time now is about 3 hours plus.  this because the new machines wash using only one water impeller [the part inside that rotates, flinging water] at a time.  Thus, 2/3rds the dishes will sit there for the first 60 odd minutes while they aren't being washed at all, then the machine switches to washing the next 1/3, etc.  It follows that 'the best' dishwasher is your old model that has been thoroughly cleaned and repaired.  -- grampa  [PS:  cleaning the lower filter of an older machine frequently fixes it -- do internet search using exact model number for youtube video to show you how to do it.  It's a DIY type task, takes about 2 hours and some simple tools.]

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The more expensive, the  better.  You pay enough money and your dishes come out of the dish washer looking brand new.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since you didn't specify manufacturer or model, we have no way of determining how to answer.  There have been brilliant examples in both price ranges, and absolute turds in both price ranges.

In my experience the best dish washers have been attached to the ends of my arms.  They didn't cost me anything, haven't broken down in over 50 years and get the dishes done way faster than any residential machine I have ever seen.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Read reviews. In the UK you can buy cheap front loading machines that work well and last. You can also buy expensive machines for almost nine times the price that do exactly the same job. Indesit and Miele are the two ends of the price scale.£190 - £1699.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Two hands, clean dishrag, some soap and water. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.