How much is gasoline in the U.K., price per gallon?

I paid $1.69/US Gal. yesterday in Amelia OH.

Don't Know But in Australia it is $1.22 a Ltr  and 4 Dollar AU is 55p

I calculate to be $1.55L

• alan P

About $5.70 per US gallon according to my calculations but it's not so bad because my diesel car gets around 50 miles per US gallon.

• ?

Around £5 a gallon , third most expensive in the world. 

Norway is second , coincidently they also have their own oil but everyone seems to have a Tesla, and Iceland is the dearest , which is maybe understandable given their isolation. At least if you live there, you can heat you house cheaply , so that’s some compensation.

About £1.11 per litre.

So a shade over £5 per gallon. That works out as £4.17 per US gallon, and at todays exchange rate (as per xe.com) that’s $5.56US.

Of our £1.11 per litre, most is tax. 57.95 pence per litre is fuel duty and then VAT at 20% gets applied to the sum of the raw cost per litre plus the added fuel duty (yep, that’s a tax on a tax).

That means the pre-tax price is just a shade under 31p per litre. So about £1.41 per UK gallon and for a US gallon about $1.18US.

• Jay P

Keep in mind that a US gallon is not the same as an Imperial gallon.

US gal = 3.78 litres

Imp. gal = 4.54 litres.

You must also do that conversion, not just the £ to $ money conversion.

I hope that everyone realizes that a UK Imperial Gallon is larger than a US gallon - roughly 1.2 as much.

@Ray, wow, that's almost $7.00 a gallon in U.S. dollars, that's terrible. I paid $2.19 a gallon yesterday in NY. 

• ?

Here in the UK petrol is around £5 per gallon and diesel is a little more.

Most of the cost is by courtesy of governmental taxes.