Are killer whales in the wild benevolent to humans?

Benevolent no, not that I have heard of.  Dolphins have been known to save people's lives, and killer whales are dolphins, so it's not impossible, but I've never heard of it happen.  They are predators of course, they kill seals.  

In captivity, I know at least one killer whale that has killed humans; but not in the wild.  

• ?

Yes-

There has never been a fatal attack by a killer whale on a human, and any attacks are actually accidental, these would occur if a human got too close to whale who was splashing around in the ocean.

I think the misconception you have here is the word "killer whale", you seem to think that means they are lethal towards humans, and that just isn't the case! They got their name because they are the largest sea predator, and are famously known for killing and eating other big sea life such as sharks and other whales.

The Disney mentality of people is the greatest threat to the animal kingdom.  They are NOT your friend.  Watch a video as they hunt and kill seal.  If hungry and its your belly above, then you are crushed in one bite and in three pieces the second bite.  Those who attribute human behavior to wild animals belong in a prison cell.

• 42

Humans are not their preferred foods but in a pinch i'm sure you'd be toast. I've seen many youtube videos though of divers who get to be friends with sharks by pulling hooks out of them or freeing them from nets.

they will kill you , hence the name killer whale .