Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

Do you catch Arthritis from cold weather?

My mom keeps telling me not to go outside in shorts, which I only due when its 74° when I run. Her reason is because I will catch arthritis. Is this true?

• ?

No.  Arthritis isn't a virus or bacteria.  Osteoarthritis is from wear and tear on a joint.  Rheumatoid Arthritis is a form of autoimmune disease.

• L

NO one 'catches' Arthritis.  Google Arthritis.

Not at all. Arthritis is not an ailment that happens due to the weather. But it can aggravate due to cold, which is why people with arthritis take extra precautions during winter. My dad watches the temperature closely on his weather app (climacell) and protects his knees when the temperates are low during winter.

No, not really...

Yeah... That's why i prefer to stay inside home during cold weather

no way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Not really ..   But i suggest to consult the best doctor & take care yourself

• Andy C

No.

That's absolutely preposterous. 

• kelvin

no it's not true..........

• k w

nope, dunno why they never tell you, but it's borax, just search for the borax conspiracy and read