Tony asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What do I do?

I have a house, a beautiful wife, kids, and now a pretty good job I guess, yet I still feel like killing myself. I've worked in factories, supercisor positions,, political positions, real estate sales, the medical field, and now I drive truck. Ive also went to college for business administration, chemistry, and psychological. Yet nothing makes me happy and all i want to do is go to that eternal sleep. Honestly I chose to drive truck due to it being such a dangerous job and I know the life insurance would care for my family. I'm only in my 20s but I just don't know what to do.....I've been drinking a lot tonight while my families on vacation while I work so I shouldn't post this but what the hell

You sound depressed because you haven't found the meaning of life yet. You lack purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoiBpDjhCFE

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=youtu.be

If you studied psychology you likely have noticed the pattern you pointed out yourself that no new thing makes you happy. You may be suffering from actual clinical depression (not "anxiety and depression) everyone thinks they have) which is chalked up to a pretty simple chemical/biological issue. I'm not the first to dope people up but that can be the first step to stabilizing some level of contentment.

Exercise and cognitive behavioral therapy to not have "depressed thoughts" have been shown to be as effective as medication. However, going to the gym and therapy isn't something a depressed person is overly eager to do.

You are too young and impulsive. Try to enjoy little things in life.