Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Are Democrats left wingers ? ?

--  No.  The Democrat Party is a right wing political party supportive of big business and capitalism.

--  American politics is skewed several degrees to the right of what is considered normal by international political standards.

-- The closest one has to "left wing" in American politics is the American Communist Party, which is currently more a socialist party, as it is less radical than it was back in the 1960's and earlier.

The Democrats as a party are so confusing these days that I expect a split soon. You've got Traditional or Blue Dog Democrats (The smallest group), Moderate Democrats, Corporate Democrats or Limousine Liberals, Identity Politic Democrats, & Progressives/Socialist. 

• martin

Most of them are, but there is a big percentage who would find that expression too radical to describe themselves.

"Left versus right" is a theoretically illegitimate ideology nowadays, but it really depends how you interpret it.  It's convenient to call them that so I just do it.

I think the party has taken it that way.  I suppose the oldest people who are Dems are still thinking in the "old ways', but the party has really changed.  It used to be that the Reps were the old, rich person's party.  But, no more.  The Reps are now the working people's party.  It has flipped.  Look at Pelosi, Schumer, DeBlasio, Newsom, Biden, Harris, Feinstein, et al-  ALL are filthy rich and all have been in Gov for all these years, eating off the taxpayers and making promises they don't keep.  vote them all out!  That sort  of change will be good!  But of course, Nancy Pelosi got 80% of the votes!  I was shocked that CA still voted for that!  The polls closed at 8PM here in CA, and at 8:05 PM, they said she had won.  when I checked AT THAT TIME, she had 80%..shocked because everyone was saying how CA was going to go "red" this time.  My whole neighborhood is, in fact, here in the southern part of the state, we are conservative.   We still elected some Reps.

By the standards of most Western countries, they are right of center.

Yes.  It is generally considered that Democrats are "left" and Republicans are "right".  And sometimes the terms left wing or right wing when referring to party politics in the U.S.

No they are Republican light. America has no left wing party. Its why Universal healthcare has never come to America. 

The political spectrum is shifted so far to the right that Democrats have to go on all fours and conceed every value for Republican votes.