If there are two friends of contrasting personality, who will influence who?

Suppose there are two friends of contrasting personality, one introvert and one extrovet, or one very gentle and the other short tempered and aggresive, who will influence who if they spend a lot of time together? You are welcome to correct my grammar along with the answer. 

It is not likely that their personalities will change. I do however think both friends will influence one another’s style when they are together.  PS your grammar is fine. Aggressive is spelled incorrectly. 

Life's relationships are reflections.  You tend to react according to the way you are treated.  Sort of a practical-personal level of "Do unto others ..."  I would be VERY surprised if the influence was mutual.

Well personally I am a very very extroverted person and I notice that my feelings are almost attached to how other people are feeling. If someone is very hyper or loud I naturally just mimic it, it’s like their emotions just rub off on me so much. That also goes along though when someone is sad or angry or really any emotion. Other people’s emotions effect me very much emotionally. It’s just how I am and have always been. 

personally although I think extroverts and introverts can make really good friends and bring a lot of benefits and new perspective to one another, I generally don’t think they really mix. Almost all of my friends are extroverted and so is my husband. I notice that many introverts find me overpowering and annoying haha. Ya can’t please everybody I suppose haha. 

They can fall down a dark hole easily and have depressive or even suicidal thoughts.

INFPs can certainly be deemed as sensitive to criticism and getting their feelings hurt. This isn’t necessarily untrue, they have strong emotions and can be rather sensitive when someone tries to dig at them or even sometimes when it is not their intention at all. INFPs feel things very deeply and are connected to their inner emotions, which can make them sensitive to certain insults or criticism. 

This doesn’t mean they are going to fall apart or crumble at the first sign of a slight, but it can be something which the INFP has to process on their own terms and in their own way. People often misunderstand the INFP and how they deal with those strong inner emotions, and so it can lead to plenty of incorrect stereotypes.

INFP & Hurt Feelings

INFPs can certainly be sensitive to criticism, especially when it comes from someone they care about. They are much more susceptible to the things their loved ones say, as opposed to strangers trying to insult them. INFPs aren’t as fragile as people might think, and often hide certain emotions in hopes of powering through it. Just because they get hurt easily doesn’t mean there is something wrong with them. 

They simply feel things deeply which is actually what makes them more caring and understanding people. This ability to connect with others is a strength, one which makes the INFP better at helping others and being a support system when they are struggling. 

INFPs do however, find it easy to feel wounded by someone they care for. Even smaller things could come off hurtful to the INFP, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t aware if someone’s intentions were good. If the person who hurt the INFP didn’t do this on purpose, they might be likely to pretend as if everything is fine and continue on like they were not hurt. 

This can be something which makes it hard for the INFP to process these feelings, since they really need to be able to express them in order to heal. INFPs don’t want to be seen as emotional or sensitive, which makes it hard when they really need to be able to be honest about those inner emotions they are dealing with. This can be something which causes the INFP to retreat inward, and they might even seclude themselves from others. 

It can be hard for them to accept when someone hurts them, not wanting to feel like their people just don’t care. The INFP might start to distance themselves from people the more they find themselves getting hurt by them. This can be a negative thing after a while, since it can cause the INFP to become guarded and struggle to make connections which are important to them. 

Sometimes the INFP finds themselves getting hurt because they are sentimental and nostalgic people, and other people might not understand this. Having someone brush off their needs or feelings without realizing they are doing it, still becomes hurtful to the INFP.

If the INFP is struggling to express those emotions they can start by journaling or writing them down, simply for themselves. Taking this time to see their own thought process and feelings written down can give them time to really process everything better, and it helps the INFP make sense of the situation.

it depends on how much patience the gentle has.

like Belle and the Beast.

• Jake

A person can be less attached to the vanities of this world, can have greater strength to resist and/or avoid bad company, and can do numerous good works by reciting daily and with care the rosary of the Virgin Mary.  The Virgin Mary is our Co-Redemptrix and the mother of all of us!