When the pandemic is over which of the following would be best to volunteer with?

Nature Center

Head Start

Public Library 

Animal Shelter 

Or the shelter for abused women 

Thoughts?

Fodaddy, being able to volunteer a few hours a week does not mean I can work, for that matter I don’t know if I can volunteer but I have been advised to try it. 

It depends on what you like best - kids, animals, plants or books?  The head start would want you to make a commitment you can keep, so if you are not sure about working that might not be a good choice.  The nature center you would likely be helping someone, so if you like to work in a team that might  be best.

Lots of people try volunteer work first. It's a good way to discover what your best and worst job skills are and hopefully get good references.

That depends on what each place has available for volunteer opportunities and what your skills and abilities are.

If it were me, I'd do the library, but that's just because I love books and reading and am physically able to do pretty much any job there.

None of these would be bad choice for the right person. Some volunteer opportunities involve fund-raising, which I do not want to do, or jobs like policing the dog runs or cleaning animal cages, which I don't want to do.

But they probably also have public-facing jobs where you serve as a guide or docent for visitors, help people fill out the forms for adopting a pet, or do basic office work, which I've done as a volunteer before.

The public library would probably be the easiest. Not a lot of noise/distractions, things seem to move at a pretty leisurely pace.  With that said, if you can volunteer, you're probably able to work part time, at least in a low-stress environment (like a library).