Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Is it worth it to get a PS5 now?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not really now. They’re all sold out over here in Australia. PS4 won’t be outdated for another 5-7 years.

• 1 month ago

its a very big jump so yeah i would say so. 4k 120 fps 8k upscalling and 12 teroflops as well as raytracing is worth my money 

• 1 month ago

No.

(ignore this part)

• 1 month ago

I would stick with PS4 until January. New consoles hold a lot of bugs and over a couple months they get fixed. Also it would be probably easier to find and cheaper. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, I mean it depends by what means you plan on acquiring a PS5. Some means I don't think it would be worth it. Have you considered building your own? There are many DIY tutorials online that are worth checking out.

• 1 month ago

How would we know if it's worth it TO YOU, when we don't know you?

• 2 months ago

It really is but 600 US dollars OOF

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

a lot of the games out now like spiderman can still play on ps4.  some of their exclusives like god of war may not come out until next year.  so if you can wait, i would wait.  especially if you have a ps4 now.  look at deals tomorrow, if you don't have a ps4 you might find a good deal and get that and just wait a year or two until more games come to ps5 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It is never worth it to get a launch console, due to hardware/ software issues, etc.

• 2 months ago

The best advice I can give here is "NEVER BUY A CONSOLE AT LAUNCH!"

There's multiple reasons behind this...

1) There's outrageous demand for them & very limited supply. -- You're likely going to drive yourself insane trying to get one right now.

2) EXPECT BUGS with games & services -- While the publishers will typically pound out as many bugs in the games, the online services can't really do any legitimate stress testing until they go live to the public...  so there's going to be issues for a while (as they're going to be quick-patching stuff).

3) LIMITED GAMES -- While backwards compatibility will help with the transition, there's not a lot of "Must Have" games for the console for some time.

It's generally better for your sanity to wait for about 6 months for some of those launch-day issues to get fixed & the game library improves to a point where it's worth picking it up.  It's very likely that the supply issues would be MOSTLY resolved (there may still be some shortages, but things won't be as extreme).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.