boris asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

What is a fluent english speaker?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Someone whose spelling and grammar of English are better than the average native speaker on the internet  ;-)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

someone who can speak English Proper Like wat i does

• Dave
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your keyword, Boris, here is 'fluent'. There are a number of scales for judging where the word 'fluent' happens to appear (for any number of languages, not just English). Try this article: https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/how-and-why-to-... which contains several different scales and read how different levels are judged and what many people think 'fluent' means for a language. 

• 2 months ago

Just off the top of my head, I would say a person who speaks the language coherently with relatively few errors and who has a knowledge of idiomatic usage over a fairly wide region. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A person who speaks English without hesitation and with relatively few errors.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A salve of Queen'feet

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some one that speaks English English 

• Jake
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Someone who can speak English as well as a person who spoke English by default since birth. Being fluent in any language means having expertise in another foreigners native tongue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.