Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

What group of people have watermelon, fried chicken, cornbread, collard greens, chitlins, and cherry-flavored Kool-Aid for Christmas dinner?

Rather than the more traditional turkey, ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc?

idk, authors? that's the category you put this in for some reason

dunno, was never good at guessing games. What group of people do that? 

• ?

That's "soul food." It's for happy people to eat. 

People that choose to eat those things that's who. Me personally, I like to have Mexican food at Christmas time, IF I decide to celebrate it. 

• LilyRT

sounds delicious.  I'd be thrilled to eat any or all of that on either list, traditional or not.  but, then, I'm not a moron.  so that helps.

EDIT:  and to be clear, true southern white trailer trash never insults black people on how they eat because they eat the same darn things.  

Any who are smart enough to know they can eat whatever they want regardless of the calendar.  Apparently that lets you out.  Except for the "chitlins" (the proper word is "chitterlings", dipstick), I eat everything on your list.

• ?

I suppose groups of people that don't want a "traditional" Christmas dinner.

• garry

maybe poor people who cant afford a turkey and ham .. guess you havent volunteered to work at a free kitchen for the less fortunate , you stay home and pig out ..it is worthwhile seeing the less fortunate happy , see an old person eating ham and turkey ...

• Marli

People from the U.S  Southeast.

Are you going to celebrate Christmas with a prayer thanking God for caring about your sinfully bigoted self?  Obey Jesus rather than mouthing His Name. You've go a New Testament? Read the Gospels mindfully then.

Traditional? Study history ffs.

And by the way, so what?