Is it ok to eat meat in front of a vegan?

My friend is vegan but I love meat.

• ?

It's ok with me. If your friend is controlling, maybe you need new friends. 

BUT research shows most people give up being veg and add meat back into their diet.

So don't give up on the friendship too soon.

It is totally okay to eat meat infront of Vegetarian. Being Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian is a type of lifestyle people choose. There is nothing considered Good or Bad. If they are fine not choosing meat in their diet while eating with you.

• ?

I used to love meat myself forty years ago! Few people stop eating meat due to the taste, I feel. Anyway, we are well used to seeing people eat meat; some meat eaters are quite sensitive about this topic, but we are well used to it and hopefully don't comment. 

If you’re letting them know exactly what you’re eating zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

As long as it's not going to offend your friend unnecessarily. I'm also a meat eater. Ask your friend to make sure it's okay. I hope he/she is not a militant vegan.

I've seen meat eaters get harassed by militant vegans on this site, just because they are not vegetarian/vegan. As long as your friend is not militant, there shouldn't be any problem. If eating meat is going to offend your friend, don't eat meat in front of him/her (I don't know what gender your friend is). I'm a straight man.

• kswck2

Depends on how sanctimonius they are about being Vegan. 

Their life choices are not yours. 

• F

If you enjoy a lecture ,sorry rant, on animal cruelty, health and climate change while eating , yes.

• denise

I'm sure many vegans have had meat eaten in front of them.

• ted

It is certainly okay to do so.  Your friend will certainly be understanding.