Who do you prefer: Spider-man or Batman, why?

Spider-man is more interesting on almost every level.

In terms of secret identities, Peter Parker is portrayed very real.  He's a nerd from the Bronx who is struggling with daily and normal life.  Bruce Wayne is an unrelatable billionaire playboy who seldom actually DOES anything.

Spider-man is a good guy that is trying to protect people and honor his late uncle whose death Peter blames himself for because he gave into temptation to use his new powers in a selfish way.  

Meanwhile, Batman spends alot of time planning how to murder his friends.  He takes occasional breaks from plotting his friends' deaths to beat up clowns while putting no effort into making Arkham even moderately secure to prevent those clowns from escaping and killing his proteges or killing innocents.  Why does he let that happen when he clearly has the resources, technology, and skill to make Arkham secure?  Because otherwise, he would run out of clowns to beat.

Spiderman is above Batman just because it's 20+ years later. Golden Age vs. Silver Age doesn't work. Batman is better than Superman, but Spiderman is a different matter.

I like both but as child growing i liked dc more than marvel so i go with batman

I like both, but for different reasons.

While I can say that a non trivial part of my intro to both of them was their 60s TV shows (The Adam West live action Batman show and the animated Spiderman 60s series), I like them both.

Spidey works very well as a lone character, and in my view, too many of the modern animated versions have made him a part of a Spider team.

While Batman is a lone kind of guy, a lot of his best work is when he's with someone, be it Robin or Nightwing, and when he's with Superman. The pre New 52 Superman Batman series was just awesome storytelling, and really nailed both characters.

Both are cool and legends. I guess Spiderman though I prefer his powers more than Bruce's gadgets,.

I can't compare they are both such great superheroes. By the way, many Spiderman actors have been in batman movies and its the same for batman actors joining spiderman movies

Spider-Man         

The guy who has super powers.

Lets just face it. In reality, Batman is pretty useless fighting any supes, whether they be superheroes or supervillains. If he had like 24/7 super suit like Ironman, then he'll stand a chance but all he's got is like what... 5 super suit that gets trashed pretty easily.

I prefer Spider-man. He walks up walls, flies through the air AND has a Spidey sense. All Batman has is lots of money and a butler.

I was a Batman comics, superman tv fan growing up.  I never got into Spider-Man. I think I was already getting too old for comics when he got going.