Is my CV Axle boot ruined?

So I have been trying to get my CV axle replaced on my 2016 Mazda 3 and I was having issues putting the new one in (Wasn't sure that it was all the way in.  Didn't hear or feel any click) so while taking it off I had extended some of the boot.  I don't know if you want to say that the boot is normally in a wavy shape, but we will go with that.  Now, one of the waves is flattened or pushed in some.  Does this ruin the CV axle altogether?  Do I need to try and pull it back together, or is it alright like that?

You should be more concerned about whether you messed up the inner slide joint by pulling the axle and rollers out of the outer casing. When installing an axle you need to push it in. hold it there, and then rap the end of the axle with a 3 lb. mallet to make the circlip snap into place. Put the axle nut on the CV joint so you don't mash the threads.

It is rubber and should pop out within the first rotation of the wheel.  Though it should not be extended anymore once the car is assembled properly(so it should crumple up again).  The rumples are needed for when you go over bumps or holes, the axle flexes downward or upward and when you steer the axle flexes to the left or right.