Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why do my sexual thoughts make me uncomfortable or embarrassed?

24 year old woman. Believe in God strongly but not Christian (no set religion). When I have sexual thoughts/desires I feel ashamed and or embarrassed and try to stop myself. Is this normal? Should I change it? If so, how could I? 

Your thoughts are private.

Sexual thoughts are normal.  We are sexual beings and we were created this way.  

god is telling you that you need a man stat . 

The only advice I can offer is that there's no reason for you to feel like this. If you're on a diet and while walking past a bakery, would you feel ashamed about wanting to eat a cake in the window? No - it's just your stomach talking, nothing to get upset about. 

Whether or not that advice will help, I can't say. You don't tell us much about yourself. We don't know whether or not you have some problem that calls for professional help. Someone asked, "How do you know when it's time to see a therapist?" I said, in a nutshell it's whether or not you're having trouble coping, getting through the day. If you're talking about something that really bothers you, I suggest talking with the doctor, who can refer you to a mental health professional.

I saw a good video about getting help. Again, I'm not saying you need help, but it's something to think about.

Legally, a therapist can work over the phone with anybody in the same state. Some insurance companies cover phone therapy. You can use the Psychology Today Find a Therapist feature to get a list of therapists in your state, find out who’s working by phone, and what kinds of problems they specialize in. You'd need a referral from your doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoaQIQZU1k

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLbpi6ZahtOH7AIwIDDHCxx4SIApFQbc6R 

• ?

Why do you think anyone here would know whats going on in what you call a mind if you have no idea?

Do you fantasize about smearing peanut butter all over your privates and letting a basset hound lick it off?