Should I change my car?

I currently own a 2017 suzuki swift. Naturally aspirated 1.2 lt and 90 hp. I bought it brand new 3 years ago and have been very happy with it. However I have my eyes on the suzuki swift sport.  It looks great. The biggest difference between those two is the engine which in the sport is a turbo charged 1.4 lt and 130 hp. In terms of looks they are extremely alike with some nice red touches in the interior part. This upgrade could cost me around 8000 euros and selling my current model. 

Any suggestions. I do not really want to waste my money to be honest 

Want more horse power? K&N has an air filter that will give your car 15 more. You can also replace the catalytic converter & muffler with a performance package, for about E2000. All together, about 45 more horses!

Bigger engine eats more fuel. Turbo eats more fuel.  The name tag "Sport" does not make it a sportscar.  It is just a name. And a bit of chrome trim or a noisier exhaust.

. You may have noticed that "SWIFT" is not necessarily what your car is.  It is just a name.  If you are happy with your car, then a different car will still be "just a car"  Save up for an electric car because that is the way it seems to be headed.

.   Just like the old timers who had a horse and wagon.  Some held out on buying the new fangled CAR...until the horse died. The old grey mare gave 15 years...of pulling the wagon/or carriage and you never needed to go faster.

. Otherwise save up and buy a Bugatti at 3M. 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and eats gasoline like it is going out of style.

. Do expect the cops to catch you. Radio waves are still faster than any car.

. Get what you need....not what you desire.

Buying gas is wasting money. Because it won't be just gas.

I enjoyed driving my Slug Bug(VW Type 1) while I had it.   And would come up to the lights and sit there waiting and if there was a muscle car beside me, I would rev my engine waiting for the light to change...just to goad them on into a race.  I knew in first gear I was fast off the line but once I hit 2nd so across the intersection, they would blow my doors off.  Sometimes they took the bait. It was funnee.

• Anton

It is more fun driving a slow car fast, than driving a fast car slow.

Being the fastest is cool, cool does not need to show off.

You will never be the fastest.  Fast on the streets is stupid.

You can know the above truth until you have experience.

IMHO, get the sport.  You will find out the truth that you are happy with slow, or you will find out if you want even more.

Education is never a waste.

The most economic thing to do is to drive the present car as long as you car.  But we do not know your financial situation.   If you have enough money and this trade will make you enjoy life more than a fat bank account, then go ahead.

• ?

That’s your personal choice