Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

I have frown lines at 22 :(?

I have frown lines at 22, I feel like they are a result of consistent stress and poor mental health I’ve been experiencing for the past 5 years and I beat myself up about it because I know things would have been different if I put in some effort to take care of myself, and it increases my mental problems further.  You can’t see them in all lighting but they are there, I don’t want to prematurely age.

Stress & worry get the best of most of us.  I would just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and adding moisture to your skin.

• ?

you need to stop worrying and stressing over things you have no control over

You are Asian, so it probably won’t progress any further

Me too since the kids been home from lockdown, virtual school, trying to get one to get a job, etc... you're definitely not alone!  Btw, I have teens and genetics that gives me a bit of let's say pronounced line ugggg....lmao!😂😂😂 And I'm not brave enough to post a pic..but trust me it's there lol!

Try to not stress and drink water. They will fade

Ok, you have frown lines at 22. However, this is a Q&A site. What is your question?

I have permanent concentration marks from pooping too much...

Well, first off, stop frowning. Wrinkles should only show where smiles and laugh lines have been. 

So, if you want to be happy, be. 

Take up yoga and/or meditation. Breathe well and drink lots of water. It will help you to handle stress better. There will always be problems, but you'll be better able to keep things in perspective and go to your happy place, mentally. Don't smoke, and eat lots of fruit and veggies. Once I went on a cleansing diet that was all fruit and I was amazed how great my face looked after just a couple of days of not eating junk food. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. When Elizabeth Warren was running for president and asked about her skin, that was her advice. That woman is 71 years old, and fresh as a daisy! 

Taking collagen supplements will do nothing. If you want to reverse this and prevent further premature aging, begin using no less than SPF 50 PA++++ whenever you are to be exposed to the sun and reapply throughout the day. Remember, use it on your neck, chest, shoulders, hands anything that will be exposed to the sun, not just your face.

Begin using tretinoin at night. Begin with a lower dose such as 0.025, then 0.05, then 0.1 if you can tolerate it. Moisturize well during the day and the night. Look for moisturizers with good ingredients (ceramides, fatty acids, cholesterol, niacinamide, peptides, hyaluronic acid, vitamin e, panthenol).

Sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase to prevent friction and leaving wrinkles in your face/neck/chest. Your skin will thank you!

Also, look into microneedling with radiofrequency and microcurrent treatments with medical aestheticians if you can afford it. Great procedures to reverse aging and to prevent further premature aging.

• Start increasing your collagen and antioxidant intake-yogurt and egg whites for the collagen or collagen supplements.