Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

how can i clean my stove?

how can i clean my electric stove as i dont think it would be a good idea to use water on the circular things. I heard pink paste is good ? can i use that as i do have some 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Water (and soap) will not hurt the coiled burners in any way. You can even soak them in the sink.

• 5 months ago

If, by 'circular things', you mean the coil burners, they don't need to be cleaned. If something spills on one, turn it on high until whatever it is has burned off. If it's a glass top stove, you clean the burner area with the same stuff as the rest of the glass top.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you take the top of the stove off, those round things often just pull out easily.   They are breakable and sometimes need replacing. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yeah, what anon wrote. I have always been able to simply remove the burners and soak and clean the discs under it quite easily. You can reconnect the burners by simply popping them back in. Everything is made to slide in and out, easy-peasy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

If the "circular discs" are solid and part of the surface of the stove like this:  

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances...   

don't worry about it, they're completely sealed.  

If they look like coils you can use a damp metal sponge or steel wool, but if you're worried you can actually "unplug" and remove them entirely from the stove and also gain access to clean underneath.  See video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyzTi5Qn-t0

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.