Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Do GP’S know if you don’t collect a Prescription?

So my GP has prescribed me some devolving tablet to help with some mild  pain, I’ve told them before I can’t take any kind of tablet. It feels like a waste of money if I pick it up, would my GP know if I picked it up or not 

Yes, all Rx's that you pay for are registered with the medical information bureau. 

• D g

Something that dissolves you can't take come on get a glass or warm water puttablet in the water wait 20 min and then drink water 

Not in my area. While the computer in office shows WHAT is rx’d and HOW much it is not linked to some nonexistent nationwide pharmacy, that shows if you actually got the med, in fact I have no clue what pharm you might even eventually use. The only med tracked like this are controlled substances, and that is only by each state.

Here in the UK they do know now the system is electronic and if you don't collect your meds it will show on your records that you haven't had the prescription filled. You are not obliged to accept medication offered by a doctor, to take a script to a pharmacy or ingest the medication. getting the meds and then not taking them is the worst thing to do as it costs the NHS money.

No law says you have to pick up the medication.

possible but unlikely.

No.  The Federal Government Does Monitor Pain Killers, and harasses a Doctor if the  Doctor violates an arbitrary over all  prescription dose limit.   The "Doctor Feelgood" is based on overall  prescriptions, not individual patient. NEEDS.

There is a common computerized system that can be accessed by the doctor in the office, where I live.  He has done it, actually, right in front of me, to see how many refills I have on a prescription, to see if there are enough until the next visit or if he should issue a renewal that day.

I don't know what system you live under though.  It can be done, is my point. Whether you live somewhere that it is done, is something I do not know.

I don't think so.