Anonymous

HELP! DID THIS JOB SNUB ME! 🤔🥴?

So I had an amazing second zoom interview with this company on the 25th of November(last Wednesday). All the green flags were there! I met with the supervisor, the executive director, and 2 other ppl in the administrative office! The conversation was amazing! It even turned casual in the end with lots of laughs! As the meeting was ending the hiring manager said “I will definitely be in touch via email” so Monday rolls around (November 30th) and I send a follow up email! No response! When I followed up Monday from the first phone interview which was on Friday November 27th, she responded right away and set up the second interview for the same week. So my question is....did I get ghosted? Or should I jus hold on a little longer before I wallow in defeat!? Lol I’m really excited about this job so I’m very anxious to know what my status is! PLEASE HELP

Don't be so anxious! you said it was an "amazing" interview--but you were not the only person they interviewed. They are probably weighing each candidate for the job. Your persistent contact might put them off--so be patient. 

Too soon to know. 

Big wheels turns real slow. Don't give up yet.

• Judy

RELAX!!!!   For most people, it's been less than 2 working days.  They have other things to do besides getting back to you.

With COVID, many companies have slowed down considerably.  I would wait a little longer.

• ?

Chill out!  In the US, there was just a holiday.  If this is a professional job, it can take weeks for a company to make a decision.  Even if you had a great interview, it doesn't mean that the company isn't still trying to schedule interviews with other candidates.  

The mistake here is that you failed to ask WHEN or by what date you might hear back and what the next steps might be  (more interviews, a background check, an offer). ALL companies will contact someone they've interviewed via email at some point -- either to further the process or tell the candidate they've been rejected. That comment on its own means nothing one way or the other. 

I'd give this company a good week to get back to you -- you've already been pretty aggressive.  If you hear nothing by next Monday, CALL the HR person and ask about the timeline for them making a decision or what the next steps might be. 

Don't wallow.  It's immature and melodramatic.  What you can and should do is continue to apply for other positions.  

• n2mama

Omg, calm tf down. Seriously. First of all, assuming you are in the U.S., you interviewed the day before Thanksgiving, and many businesses were closed or very limited on Friday. You didn’t get an immediate response so emailed on Monday, which is the equivalent of the next day. If what you sent was a politely worded “Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, I am very interested in the opportunity and look forward to hearing from you” then you do nothing else at this point but wait to hear from them. And that was literally yesterday.

If what you sent was full of exclamation points instead of periods (like you wrote above) and over the top gushy excited anxious pressuring for a response about a decision, you may have done more harm than good. Again, at this point in time you do nothing else but wait. Either you will hear from them or you won’t, but your expectations for timelines are completely out of whack with corporate functions. Is this your first professional job? It feels very much like it is, and I’m sure you are excited and anxious, but if you pester the HR or hiring manager you could cost yourself the opportunity.

It means hurry up and wait.

• Murzy

Send a "Thank You" note for the interview. It will get you noticed in a favorable way.

If you are in the USA, there was one working day from your interview. 

You should continue looking for jobs.  If this one is interested in you, they will be in contact.  Expecting to hear back immediately, only occurs in entry level jobs.