Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why do things suddenly change once you're 23?

18-22 year olds are considered very young adults and get to pass on being immature but 23-24 year olds don't get the same pass. I don't see that as fair.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • P.L.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nothing suddenly changes at 23.  We are aging all the time but age and maturity are two very different things.  Some 40 year olds are still immature whilst some 18 year olds are very mature. 

Where actual laws are concerned you have to adhere to them according to your age but maturity can hit you long before others think you are mature whilst some people are not remotely mature at age 30.

Observe the laws of the area where you live and you'll gain the respect of others around you.  Behaving well and being a decent, polite and helpful citizen will bring you the respect you desire and others will just realise that you ARE mature regardless of your date of birth.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Oh please, your parents were considered adults at 18 and were expected to behave as such. There are more 25+ year-olds living with their parents now than at any point in history (in the US at least). You can stay on your parents' medical insurance until you're 26. If you're currently 23 you're a generation that's been infantilized to the point where they have to take "adulting classes" to learn how to balance a checking account and sew on a button. Maybe you're feeling overwhelmed about adult life because you weren't properly coached on how to conduct it. But you're hardly oppressed because you're now too old to go to juvie if you screw up. Teach yourself some basic life skills and work on accepting adulthood. Good luck. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

iT IS IN OUR HEADS, THERES NO CHANGED, YOUR STILL YOUNG

• 2 months ago

This is nonsense! There is no 'sudden' change at age 23 nor is there any 'pass' for those under that age. Commit a serious offence as a teenager & you will find out

the truth; your freedom will be taken away.

Some youths are mentally (& even physically) mature at 17 or 18 whereas others take longer (& some remain mentally immature for decades!).

At some stage in your life you have to accept that you are now an adult and behave accordingly. You can no longer use childhood as an excuse for childish behaviour.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

At 18 you are classified in the US as an ADULT, you can drink legally at 21, If you commit a crime anywhere from 18+ you will get charged by the police. So things actually change legally from the time you turn 18 not 23/24! I am 23 and things are the same! And heck I know some people who is late 20s early 30s who are very immature, and still act like teenagers! ANYBODY at ANY AGE can be IMMATURE!!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You’re now closer to 25 which is official adulthood zxjqb

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They don't "suddenly change." You're simply incorrect.

And nobody cares what whiners think is fair.

• 2 months ago

For me the suddenly change in life happens once you turn 30 years old.

Source(s): I'm 27, when I was 23 it was not a big deal.
  • 2 months ago

Congratulations, Life ISN'T fair

once you are 23/24 you really should be more mature and past the stage of getting "a pass" on stupidity/immaturity.

So say you DID get a pass

you are the kind of person who would ask "How come I got a pass at 24 but not 25"?

There comes a time when you need to be responsible for your actions, mid 20s is more than enough time

• 2 months ago

Never saw a police officer letting people 18-22 get away with anything because of their youth

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.