Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

How do I find out my tire size? ?

I'm ordering a tire cover for my 2020 jeep wrangler JL and the tire cover website gives out a list of: C, D, D10, E10, F, H1, J, M, N, O, Y, Z, A, Small, and Large and I don't know what the hell that means and which one I'm supposed to use. Can someone help me out? All my tires say are numbers. Not letters.

That's because tire sizes are in numbers. Those letters are meaningless unless you read the fine print on that website that explains what the letters mean. 

• PANKO

There's two locations that will tell you. The drivers door way, down low. There's a sticker there placed by the manufacturer. And, look at the tire wall. It will have that information in raised print.

Or, you can just bring it to me & for 50 bucks, I'll tell you.

You will see, on normal passenger tires, a set of numbers, say 205/55/R16. These numbers mean: First number 205, how wide the tire is, higher the number the wider the tire, a 255 will be much wider than 165. Second number is the ratio of sidewall to width, lower the number the less distance between tread and rim. For example a 45 ratio tire is much skinnier than a 80 ratio tire. Finally the last number R<?> is the rim size it mounts on. Tires are also rated in heat (temperature) resistance, AAA being best, down from there. Traction, also AAA on down, and treadwear, higher the better.

took 5 seconds and Look what I found

Jeep Wrangler 2020 2.0 T-GDi Tire 

245/75R17 104S  

255/70R18 104T  

225/75R16 102S  

245/75R16 104S 

Happy Driving