What's the worst that could happen with a bad power wheelchair bearing?

I have a power wheelchair that's only three years old.  On Thanksgiving Day I started to hear a loud clicking/grinding noise on the left side of the chair that appears to be coming from the front caster wheel.

The tread is gone on both front caster wheel tires, so it's time for them to be replaced anyway.  Only problem is, I'm having trouble reaching my wheelchair repair guy and am wondering:

1.  Should I wait until after the pandemic to have my chair serviced?

2.  Is this something I can do myself?  I'm not mechanically-inclined but am wondering if this would be easy enough that I can change the caster wheels myself?

3.  If so, what tools will I need?

4.  Is it safe for me to use this chair until I hear back from my repair guy or find someone else or find a way to do it on my own?

I tried to go w/o using this chair.  I've got a walker but with my bad knees and hip it was too hard to quit it cold-turkey.

Help!

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me.
  • Andy C

It will lead to further damage to your axel, wheels and quite possibly the motor.  That's how you move.  It's worth fixing ASAP.

• John

Bad things always happen when you least expect them. The worst thing that could happen is the bearing falls apart and you take a tumble. Could be the bearing nut only needs tightened or the bearing needs replaced. The clicking noise means a few roller bearings fell out.

Check if it is still under warranty before you do anything.  The worst is the bearing locks so the wheel won't turn and it will screech a bit but it might damage the parts where the bearing is held. Find another repair guy. No point in waiting for the pandemic to be over. You can minimise the risk of Covid transmission - clean it thoroughly when you get it back or leave it three days uncovered and untouched and it will be virus free.