Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 2 months ago

Is sun in the 12th house a bad placement?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • GibBas
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No placement is bad; it's what you do with it that could make any placement "bad" for you though I suppose. The Sun in your chart shows how and "where" maybe you can find some sort of sense of self importance or uniqueness, some sort of separate identity compared to other people, where as the 12th house is where you have to try to forego this sort of thing and take notice of the "collective's" needs maybe. What you have to do is find out what you want out of life while at the same time being aware of other people's needs etc as well. 

Your Sun's job in the 12th may be about taking care of your own sense of individuality while at the same time being aware of everyone else's without it all becoming too much for you maybe.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

An answer of weasel words from one that doesn’t like them. Especially where claims aren’t backed with data.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

"No placement is bad."

Weasel words.  Some placements are better than others therefore, some of them are  "bad."  In cotton candy astrology, nothing is bad.  You know, just like life. 

The 12th is not one of the good ones. Neither is the 6th. The 8th can go either way.  Part of the answer depends on the condition of the Sun.  Sun in Aries (exaltation) in 12 is better than Sun in Libra (fall) in 12. Roughly speaking and if there is no mitigation elsewhere, the best parts of the planets in the 12th have a tough time getting out, i.e. fulfilling their potential. 

One old way of looking at the 12th is "illness," although many astrologers prefer the 6th for that.  Over the years I've come to believe the 12th is the better location for illnesses.  The Sun is the life force, so in the house of illnesses it's "sick," but again it depends on what the Sun rules in the chart.

One way "out" and I think Einstein had this (but in the 8th house) is to have the dispositor in aspect to the 12th house planet.  Sun in Sagittarius trine Jupiter in Aries, is a big help. 

The "bad" houses are usually, 6, 8, and 12. 3 is cadent but since it sextiles the ASC (by sign) it's not all that bad.  The 8th and 12th are not in aspect to the ASC so are considered difficult.  The 6th opposes and is considered difficult as well. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.