Are my company allowed to do this? ?

I have a question, something really peeves me off and I don't think it's right.

As we're working from home, using our ISP, well my connection suffered an outage for around 2 hours, my work want me to work the time back as it ain't their issue. 

But my argument is that it's well out with my control and I can't do anything about it. 

• keerok

It's not your fault but it's still your responsibility.

You could've done something about it but you didn't. There are other ways to connect to the internet. You could have used your phone, get to another ISP, work from somewhere else with an internet connection. If you value your work that much, you should have prepared for this beforehand, pandemic or not. You can't change the fact that you didn't work for those lost 2 hours. All that your company is asking for is for you to give them those 2 hours.

This isn't the appropriate category for this question, I'd suggest Business and Finance or Politics & Government / Laws and Ethics may solicit a more accurate response.  This category is specific to computer networking technology, not employment law.

I'd just suggest that you being off-line isn't your employers fault either.  This isn't all that much different than if you were late to work because you were stuck in a traffic jam.  If you punch a clock you wouldn't be paid for the time you were late, again out of your control.

• ?

It depends if you had a specific contract about working from home. Technically you weren't working for those 2 hours so the company might well state they won't pay for those hours or they want you to make the time up.